Dear church family,
This Sunday Alex Mutyaba our new ordinand joined us. He is studying at St Augustines as he trains for ordination for self supporting ministry. Alex will be with us for 2 years mainly for evenings and weekends as his day job is in accountancy. He can be contacted on
Bookings are open for the popular 10-month Growing in Faith and Life course, which covers the Old and New Testaments, what it means to be Anglican, Christian doctrine, discipleship and vocation.
For a full list of dates or to book a place, e-mail . You can read about the course in the attached flyer : https://mcusercontent.com/93d78026f4ce1cbc8277537f4/files/7be174d5-2a8c-ecb9-e52b-d4d684ca97e4/Bishops_Certificate_2021_22_information.pdf
We have completed the first part of the Children and Youth review, which the PCC received and wholeheartedly agreed to the recommendations. We now move to phase 2 – vision and implementation. As part of that we are seeking to have 2 leaders at each church to oversee Children Church with support from Bex. You can see the full report and recommendations here:
This August the following is happening in the parish:
Every Thursday 8.30am-3pm Hope Cafe is open at St Paul’s.
St Paul’s will also be open on Monday and Thursday for private prayer 9am-5pm.
Each week we have Morning prayer at 8am on Tuesdays, and Night prayers at 7pm on Thursdays. Zoom links below:
Tuesday morning prayer 8am-8.30am via zoom – all welcome
Meeting ID: 971 9153 6501
Thursday night prayer 7pm. All are welcome to join via this link:
Meeting ID: 790 414 231
On Sundays there will only be 2 in person services. 9:30am at St Saviour’s and 11:15am at St Paul’s.
Our virtual Youtube service will be live from 7am each Sunday here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCacBXmpZ2_eCq3hI9uX8sJQ
For those joining in person:
- If you are comfortable, please wear a mask when travelling or singing for the safety of others. You can take it off at other times. Ultimately it is down to your own choice.
- St Saviour’s – if you want to be socially distanced there will be seats spaced out at the sides of the church against the walls. For those happy to sit with others there will be rows in the middle.
- St Paul’s if you want to be socially distanced you can sit on the left side of St Paul’s by car park/piano.
- We will continue to receive communion in one kind, but will review whether to introduce the common chalice in the autumn.
- We will continue to finish our services outside for safety, but also because it is a witness to our community when we sing outside.
For the last 2 weeks of August we will be running the Milkwood Summer Programme at Milkwood Park. Please do come along with your kids if you live near there, or if you want to volunteer please speak to Bex. Each day places are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Please do pray as we seek to be a blessing to local families who maybe can’t get away this summer.
In September on Saturday mornings we plan to start ‘Milkwood Kick’ which is a football activity for those aged 8 and upwards who live around the Milkwood area. If you would like to be involved please do let myself of Bex know.
Take care and have a wonderful summer wherever you are.
Peace and Love