We believe that public worship is one of the key ways of encountering God: through worship, prayer, and hearing and receiving His teaching through the Bible. We believe that Sundays are an opportunity to refresh after the week past and to start the new week with God. We currently have 4 services each Sunday and a monthly Messy Church:
- 8.00 A.M. BCP SERVICE @ ST PAUL’S
- 9.30 A.M. MORNING SERVICE @ ST SAVIOUR’S CHURCH
- 11.15 A.M. MORNING SERVICE @ ST PAUL’S
- 3.00 P.M. MESSY CHURCH EVERY LAST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH @ ST SAVIOUR’S
- 5.00 P.M. INFORMAL SERVICE @ ST PAUL’S
The 8.00am service at St Paul’s is a short traditional spoken Holy Communion service from the Book of Common Prayer every week (apart from during all of August).
The 9.30am and 11.15am services are the main parish services and, with the same preacher and leader at both, they share preaching and structure.
- 1st Sunday of the month – All Age Holy Communion Service
- 2nd Sunday of the month – Morning Worship with children’s groups
- 3rd Sunday of the month – Holy Communion with children’s groups
- 4th Sunday of the month – Morning Worship with children’s groups
- 5th Sunday of the month – Varies throughout year
On the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sundays there are groups for children and young people of all ages. In those groups the children follow the ‘Energize’ materials from Urban Saints to help them grow in the Christian faith. During All Age Communion and Worship Together services everyone remains in church for the whole service – which will be a relatively short one.”
The 9.30 service at St Saviour’s is relatively informal and relaxed, with music led by a music group often including guitars and drums, piano and strings or solo keyboard, plus a small group of singers. Low-key prayer ministry is offered after each service.
The 11.15 service at St Paul’s reflects the more traditional building. That said, the atmosphere is still one of a family, and music is led from an organ, piano and choir.
Biblical teaching is at the heart of our worship, and services are structured around this message. Sermons are aimed at bringing people into deeper and more confident faith in God to help us to bring Jesus to the centre of our lives and the heart of our community. Sermons are uploaded weekly to the parish website. Read or listen to talks here.
Joint and Special Services
Occasional joint and special services for both churches are held throughout the year including at Christmas, Easter and our annual “In Grateful Memory” service at St Paul’s, held on the evening of Remembrance Sunday for the bereaved of the parish. For more information about upcoming and special services see our Events page.